View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Ok I check my oil every two tanks of gas to be sure. I do have a small leak it the pan where my turbo dumps its oil back into the oil pan. It makes a nice puddle on the driveway but is never more then a half quart low within 2,000 miles. If your 4 quarts low you got a serious oil leak or a lot of oil going out the exhaust. You need to find out where that oil is going? There needs to be a large mess from 4 quarts of oil dumped from your car. This is a fact it didn't just disappear...

Is your dipstick mounted good into the block? I just can seem to understand no oil on the ground and no oil out the exhaust and your so low. Just a few drops of oil each day makes a big puddle in a weeks time and would not cause a quart to be lost over a month.

Check that oil level every week if you are using that much oil. The dummy light only comes on when there is no oil pressure and your motor is tearing up parts.

You really need to find out where that oil is going or if you are maybe not getting a good measurement.

Best, John Smith

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 04-09-2011 at 08:06 AM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote