Thread: Manual Windows
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #2
hotmilk400

i am curious on why you would want to do this. I have not heard of anyone doing this on any Ti, but i am sure it is something that can be done with some time and the right parts.

the hardest thing will be to find parts that will fit, as i am not sure if they offered manual windows. if they did, it might be a hard part to find. you might have to do some digging on what parts will fit from another BMWs that offered it. you could check Z3's and 328's. maybe the older cars had more models with manual windows, and junk yards might have the parts available.

another thing is, you will have to do something with the buttons on your dash. either use plates to fill them in, or leave non-working buttons in your center console.

but again, i ask you, why spend the time and money to remove a premium option in your car? i hate manual windows, i wont by a car that has them anymore. it is a pain to reach across your center console to open your passenger window , all the while, avoiding oncoming traffic and parked cars on the side of the road.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!

Last edited by hotmilk400; 08-30-2010 at 05:38 AM.
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote