View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #19
Trusted-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodcutr
Hi, I saw that you did an obd2 swap into your ti and I have a few questions for you about the wiring.

I am putting an s52 from a 97 into my Cali top 97 ti. Both obd2. What wire changes do I need to do to allow everything to function properly? I was hoping to keep the asc and not have any cel on in the dash. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Dan
Dan,

I am still trying to see if the ASC can be made to work without having to swap entire chassis harnesses.

It seems like the signals are there for the ASC but I have not tried any of the connections yet to see if it will work.

The only other connection I think is needed is to get power to the chassis side of pin 8 on the X20 connector for the EVAP valve.

I have not gotten around to doing this and still have a CEL with an EVAP error because I don't think the valve has power.

I may get to it this weekend but my smog is not due until next year so other priorities have been ahead of this.

I will attach the info I have gathered so far and post to this thread when I have results.

Connecting the CAN bus from the M52 DME to the M44 type ABS/Slip module is unlikely to damage either from what I can tell but anything is possible.

Warning: I have not made these connections or confirmed operation so I do not yet know the results. Use at your own discretion/risk.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 7.29.14 AM.jpg Views:	2758 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	16341  

98 318ti MSport M52, 88 M3, 97 M3/4
Trusted-1 is offline   Reply With Quote