View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 05:09 AM   #32
Deeznutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodcutr View Post
Update - Found the problem! Probed the abs connector pins 2 and 23 to see if the signal from the RR sensor was getting to the computer and there was nothing there. Hooked up a spare sensor and still nothing.

Decided to check wires for continuity and both had no continuity from sensor plug to connector. Started tracing back the wires from the plug toward the computer and found that some fool (PO) had cut both rear sensor wires. PO was a car audio "expert" and had removed all the stereo wiring in the whole car when the interior was stripped out planning on running his own system stuff. Wires look similar to the stock speaker wires so he probably cut them thinking they were stereo speaker wires. Grrrrrr!

Spliced the wires back together and ABS and CEL went out in the dash. That problem solved I can now remove the ASC bulb in the cluster and enjoy driving my new drift monster 332ti!

Thanks everyone for all the help getting this car sorted. If anyone else has questions regarding this swap feel free to contact me and I will be glad to help out.

Dan
So i just finished my swap that i started last year my build thread here http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41996 i too have no working abs and can't figure out why because it worked before the swap when it had m44 in car. Now i have no abs so can you please clarify where in car you traced those signal wires to/from also i have aftermarket tune so no CEL for emissions equip, but i really want my abs to work.
also are you certain abs is functioning have you road tested it? My ABS light come on few seconds after engine is running
my car is 97ti with s50b30 using 97m52 auto harness and 97m52 ecu.

Last edited by Deeznutz; 09-13-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Deeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote