View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 02:05 AM   #1
Kalclavia

Question ASC+T Throttle Body Plug/Wire Location

Hello all. Been a lurker on this forum for a while and the information has been absolutely amazing for working on my own car, I greatly appreciate it. I am finishing up an M52B25 swap into my 1999 318ti. Almost everything is done, but it looks like I completely misplaced the 3-pin connector that goes on the ASC/TCS throttle body (the other throttle body that goes in between the main throttle and the air filter box). I have included pictures of my engine bay as well as where the part is on a stock ti with the M44 engine. On YouTube videos for e36 sedans, it looks like this cable is a part of the body harness, coming out of the same group where the ASC/T solenoid is (the motor that actuates the TCS throttle body). However, this is absent on my car. I would assume that this cable terminates differently on the 318ti body harness since it has the 4-cyl engine? To be clear, I am using the engine harness and ECU from the m52, and this connects at the fusebox to the body harness. Pretty sure that ASC+T is handled fully on the body harness as I cannot find another 3-pin throttle position plug on my M52 OR my old M44 harness (I still have all the old parts). I have traced back the whole body harness on both sides (driver and passenger) and everything is plugged in - only plugs I can find are lights, horn, etc. and all are accounted for. Anyone able to trace back where the hell this connector goes on their car so I can hopefully find mine? Cheers, all help is greatly appreciated!
Kalclavia is offline   Reply With Quote