View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 07:53 PM   #19
Ultraviolet

Hi All

Well we had a successful Saturday morning including some challenges.

-AMR 500 is fully operational with 4 pounds of boost recorded.
We did some short test pulls mainly rolling from 2000 rpm to 5800-6000 rpm second gear shifting into 3rd.

As mentioned before we live pretty high. This set up at Sea Level would probably be reaching closer to 5 pounds of boost.

-We have been struggling with Belt Alignment. It looks like the SC is not sitting entirely square and is causing issues. We have played with spacers and have got it running within reason.

Here is a link to some videos on my Car Club page

https://www.slowandcurious.net/318ti-supercharger

Moving forward we will continue to do some optimizing / check the Air Fuels and start looking into replacing our ABS piping and Silicone Elbow with metal units.

All in all very we are pleased with the results.

Items of note:

-On the M42 engine I had to file down a little of the Oil Filter Canister as it was catching on the belt

-I replaced all of the Belt Idlers including the one on the Tensioner

-We had to play around a fair amount on alignment to keep the belt square-ish

-We went from a 2150 to a 2161 belt

- I have a rising rate Fuel Regulator but have not installed it yet. We will see what the air / fuels have to say but I am thinking we may not need it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Unknown-20.jpeg Views:	227 Size:	149.3 KB ID:	18232   Click image for larger version Name:	Unknown-21.jpeg Views:	241 Size:	146.7 KB ID:	18233   Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 12.10.49 PM.jpg Views:	220 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	18234  

Ultraviolet is offline   Reply With Quote