Thread: EWS
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 AM   #6
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
Can EWS "comms" or sync go bad? In other words, say you have all the correct parts from the donor (key chip; EWSII green box; and ECU), car and all those same parts are in working order/not damaged. Could it be possible once they are all installed in the recipient car, they do not align, causing the car not to start.
Reason I ask this question is because it seems most troubleshooting I see on this forum when dealing with anon-starting swap always ask the same question: Do you have all the necessary EWS parts from the donor car?
I have not had a EWS unit go out of allignment with the DME and I've purchased many DME kits with the matching EWS and key.

The DME's INS is written to ROM in the EWS unit along with key codes. After the Key code is matched to EWS starter is enabled then DME sends a querry to EWS for a INS match, if the match is good you get fuel pump and spark from the DME. All this happens in a fraction of a second and if all match you have a running car.

Was the previous wiring in the car EWS-II also what issue to you have? No starter or cranking-over and no spark or fuel pump?

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 04-27-2011 at 12:29 AM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote