Thread: EWS
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
The green box I'm referring to is actually black. The front of the box has a green sticker with EWSII and other written info. The rear of the box where it gets plugged in is yellow. The box is located on the right hand side, behind the glove box. This box came from my donor S52 – same as the ECU and key chip.

I have not touched anything on the steering column.

Now that I think of it, I still have the steering column from the M3 in my storage when I parted it. I’m going to check if there is an antenna on it.
You can do the antenna swap but that should be good since you have starter action. I've done all mine without the antenna swap. Your issue is DME related and most likely not allignment but no power to the DME at all. Your Key already matches and approved through EWS to start the car but your DME is not allowing fuel so is it even powering up? The only way this could happen is if EWS start was jumped in your EWS unit and the key was not the match then it would need the antenna change...

Also your not running 2 chips? Like the old chip in your key and the matching chip in the antenna ring? It can only have the matching EWS chip in the antenna ring or there will be issues. I like to run a remote antenna in a hidden area with the matching chip taped to it.

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 04-27-2011 at 09:56 PM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote