View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #35
maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by john318isau View Post
Ok, had some more time to look at the car.

Battery is ~12.5V at rest so that is okay.

I received my new coil (looks like it has been dropped in transit though) and the car would not start at first. It did start after a few attempts but stalled. Then it ran for a little while and I was able to check with INPA while it was running. No change to any of the readings and smoothness is way out on cylinder 2 and less so on cylinder 3.

Then it died again and wouldn't start.

INPA was reporting cam sensor fault code again (112) so I unplugged the sensor and it started next attempt. I turned it off and re-connected the cam sensor and it started fine again.

Cam sensor fault code is appearing almost immediately now. As mentioned I had replaced it with a second hand one so maybe that one is faulty?

Is there anything else that can cause this error code (unplausible value it says)? Timing chain slackness or mis-firing perhaps?

I may have to try another cam sensor but I am getting sick of spending money on things that may not be needed.

Thinking outside of the box.

Okay this all started after an engine cleaning. You are still getting unusual readings on the cam sensor that you swapped and the problem persists.

What's the chance of water getting into the harness someplace? One thing that wouldn't cost you maybe ordering another unneeded part would be to make sure no water got the DME itself. Unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote