View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
DigitalNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Clean everything up with degreaser and take it for a short drive then check for oil. That is how I find oil leaks. Also it looks like your CCV valve is disconnected? There is a small filter by the brake booster that someone installed. Without CCV you don't have a vacuum in the crankcase while driving and oil will leak out
That's another one that makes me go Hrmm? I can't tell where the vacuum line that the filter is attached to goes. It runs under the intake manifold and without removing it I can't see where the other end is attached. The line from the valve cover to the PCV(CCV, CCVV, whaddeva) is intact.

I've had a slightly wavering idle (hunting idle) ever since I got the car and occasionally a check engine light while idling which goes away with the least bit of throttle. To me that screams vacuum system leak. Since that picture was taken I've removed that filter and just plugged the line. That resolved the hunting idle and only time will tell if it also resolves the occasional CEL.

In the near future I'll start digging around, possibly even pull the intake manifold if I have to, and figure out where that line actually belongs.
DigitalNY is offline   Reply With Quote