View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
btschafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
I believe I found the pulley guy. Thanks for posting the clue post.
I just replaced my pulleys today. The originals are available from a distributor of Fenner Drives products. Fenner doesn't sell direct. I happen to have a local distributor, Motion Industries, Blue Ash, OH. They got me the pulleys in one day.

I was able to source new bearings from Grainger, p/n 6L025, USD$9.76 each. They should be a better quality than the originals. I've put these into my old pulleys to save as spares. BTW, the bearings are a fairly ubiquitous model, 6203-2RS. They are available at many different price/quality points. They're 40mm OD, 17mm ID, 1.2mm wide.

The only problem is the shoulder adapter that is pressed into the bearing. Those are available from my Fenner distributor, but only in lots of 100. I simply reused mine (pressed them out of the old pulleys and back into the new ones). I'm looking for a couple of trashed pulleys so I can use the shoulder adapters to finish building two spares.

Cost of the pulley, p/n FA3002, which includes the bearing: USD$9.18 ea. The adapters, p/n SB0002, are very inexpensive, I just didn't want an extra 98 of them. :-)

One other thought: Fenner will sell the pulley with the shoulder adapter pressed into place. The only complication is finding a distributor who will place that order for you. I didn't bother since I really wanted to get my car back running in one day, which I was able to do.

Bryan
'95tis

Last edited by btschafer; 02-08-2013 at 10:40 PM.
btschafer is offline   Reply With Quote