View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Gunnails

Default Track Day at P.I.R.

There is a track day scheduled for Aug 12th at Portland International Raceway, sponsored by the Rose city Corvette Club. Apparently for a $122 you can participate in the event wich includes some instruction and the availibility of instructors to ride with you or for you to ride with them, and you get four 20 minute sessions on the track. I have never been on a track before so I am sighning up for the novice group. There is an inspection the car has to clear before you are allowed to take it on the track, they inspect things like the battery being seccure, check ball joints, etc. , one of the things they ask for is to have a catch can for spilt/spilling fluids I.E. radiator, differential, transmission, etc. fluids. anyone know what they are talking about as far as the catch can goes. Any advice on preparing the 96 318 TI with California package for the event, or any other helpful hints as this will be my first time on a track. I am very excited about this opportunity to finnaly get a real feel for the TI on a track. by the way this is not a race.

Thanx, Kyle