View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
HeavyStyle105

Vehicles
Post Daily Driver Work In Process

if someone has done something like this before im sorry

im a proud owner of a 96 318ti and at 80k miles im having some things pop up that im going to list out, looking for feedback.

power steering - im not sure if its a common problem but the seals under the boots of the power rack and pinion are shot from what i can figure. if i dont put power steering fluid in every day, the leak is that bad, i simply have to drive without power steering. ive been looking at some options and im wondering if anyone has manual steering in their car, because i found a "non power steering" rack for $120 and haven't made up my mind if i want to go that rout or keep power steering and spending the extra money to get a new (re-manufactured) rack. one other thing that im wondering is if there is any "power" gain from running a shorter belt, eliminating the power steering pump.

suspension - i thought i read a while back that there is a suspension refresh kit for our cars, but basically, im wanting to gather opinions on the comfort side of our cars. what is the best suspension setup for "floating on a cloud" comfort, without loosing the "perfect handling " our cars are capable of. cost is always a factor though, kinda sucks, cheapest way possible....

tires - the most important thing on a nice car, like our great ti's , is a good set of tires. what are ya'll running? i have my eyes on a set that are both cost effective and a well known "good" brand.

there are other things like, oil change, and fixing a broken windshield, that need done but that will get there. and again if there was anyone that did this kinda thing already im sorry but lets do it again, it could be fun.....

...or just throw up the links so i can do some reading
HeavyStyle105 is offline   Reply With Quote