Thread: Drivin a S/C
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:58 AM   #11
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
It was an automatic. Now it's a 5 speed. That's what "transmission swap" means.

The red light is a PLX Devices R500 wideband controller and datalogger. The red light was setup as a shift light when I was making the video. Now it's connected to my knock sensors and lights up whenever the knock sensors are active. It has nothing to do with the stereo.

How much hp? I don't know. Between 100 and 300. I haven't dynoed it yet.

Springs - lower the car and stiffen the suspension. Better handling.

Strut bars - Braces the strut/shock towers together to provide more rigidity, better handling.

I try not to drop the clutch at 4k rpm, but I have. The rev-limiter does a good job of stopping over-rev. I hit it sometimes.
i know it has nothing to do with the stereo, but i was wondering why it lighted up. So thats thing it just tells you to change gears? So springs help alot when racing?? lets say just straight, not in turns? how mcuh springs cost?

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote