View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 04:11 PM   #144
Lelos

Hi! @misterm52
Very interesting thread and a wonderful effort.
A supercharger was never in my plans, but all this got me very curious.
One of my cars is a 2001 Z3 M43TU19 that I intend to keep as long as I can.
It is a super low mileage example, a sport edition, with bucket seats, lsd, the much sought after 17 inch staggered wheels etc.
Only problem with this is that the 118hp the engine produces is always a big disappointment on the street.
I know nothing about superchargers and probably will never understand all the involved wizardry around them, but I am very good at wrenching, I do the maintenance on all three of my cars myself and I have all the right tools to do it.
Can a guy like me buy the kit and plug it to the car without having to know in detail why he is doing so and have a working kit in the end?
I understand that the kit contains all the basic parts and maybe an intercooler is needed in warm climates.
I also understand that for low hp lets say 170 no further tuning is needed other that fiddling with a pressure regulator, so probably an after market or one from a M54 (3.5 psi) can do the trick.
Am I walking on thin air here or what I say is correct?
Ideally I would like to install the kit with a basic used supercharger from a Mini or similar, throw in a regulator and take the car for a tune on a dyno, using a co2 and gas analysis tool. Am I too naive?
Thanks for the input.
Lelos.
Lelos is offline   Reply With Quote