View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #378
RAiMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean H.318TI View Post
i was just cruising on the freeway doing 65 or so and thats when evrything went to hell and the car turn off right away and i just put it in neutral and let it roll and pulled over on the side of the freeway and yes the sound was horrible and smoke everywhere
That sucks man, I've heard lots of stories the car was just cruising in traffic and she lets go. You going for a M50/M52 conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318RS View Post
Why does everybody hate on the Getrag? For high HP cars it might not have the longevity of the ZF but for anything under 300 hp I think the Getrag is great, plus it is significantly lighter! I'm putting down 200whp and with multiple floggings at the track it still shifts like butter @ 140K! When it goes I will just rebuild it.

My .02
I was putting down 260 odd rwhp on the 4 cylinder supercharger setup. I liked the Getrag myself. It was smooth, lighter and less notchy.

I don't think it's hate in particular. I think if you're going to put in another gearbox, it's probably better to spend a little bit more for that extra durability in case you build something more powerful later on, than to spend a little less than you should have and end up paying for a another gearbox (ZF).

Running roughly 430 rwhp on ZF now.
BMW E39 528i Touring
Performance at its best

Last edited by RAiMA; 01-16-2012 at 12:21 AM.
RAiMA is offline   Reply With Quote