View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
blatant

Default No start condition - 97 318ti

Hi all,
Just purchased a 97 318ti (not sure on build date) that does not run. The PO broke off the key in the tumbler. Then a junker bought it and tried hotwiring it after a new key from the dealer wouldnt turn it over. My goal is to swap a s52 into it eventually, but before I do that I would like to here the m44 run.

I currently have the antenna ring, a new key from the dealership (which I believe has to be programmed to the DME, and DIS, NCSexpert, winfkp, bmw scanner, bmw flasher etc etc.

As far as I am concerned, I have two options: Fix it properly or just delete the ews.

The antenna ring looks like it was ripped off but I may be able to use alligator clips to hook it up temporarily. Can I then with BMW scanner add/program the new key to the car?

Next option is to take the partial read in bin formatt and try and find in the file where I can delete the ews. Anyone have any insight into this?

Any comments in regards to starting the car would be appreciated. If I need to add more info, please let me know.
blatant is offline   Reply With Quote