View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffg4th View Post
Ok I'm at a loss here. I've been searching the threads and cant find the answer to my problem yet and I'm hoping someone out here can be quicker than me. My 318ti has no heat.. put in a brand new t-stat, waterpump,upper and lower radiator hoses and fluid.. but she's still sick and overheating. I have NO Heat, Airs blowing but no HOT air, Just COLD.. whats next?? I Have No Water In Oil so I'm thinking it's not the Head Gasket... could it be Heater Coil?... I'm pretty Mechanicaly Apt and just reacently did a head gasket on a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am.. and I'm Not "Tool Poor" so I should have everything I need to fix this problem... could someone please point me in the right direction.. I Love this car and miss driving it. Thank You.

Are you losing coolant?? If so, you may have a leak. I had to recently replace my radiator because it was leaking. You could be leaking from one of the two connector pieces that are notorious for going bad. As for your heat. You may have a problem with your heater core or your heater valve. Also there is a common problem with the temperature control cable behind the dashboard. Sometimes this cable will come loose and then snap out of it's hole. This will cause your box to stay open and cold air only will blow in. You have to take out the glove box and get back there to reattach the cable to the box so it can open and close the hatch properly. You need to check for coolant lose, then leaks, and try to fix your overheating problem first and see if that fixes your heat too, if not then get behind the glove box and see if that cable is still good.

-Will
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote