View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:57 AM   #8
CirrusSR22

Day 3. Thankfully a local dealer had the heater hose in stock so I as able to finish the project today. I didn't take any pictures as everything is just in reverse. Just make triple-sure you have tightened all the hose clamps, and made all the electrical connections. I filled the system with 50/50 BMW Coolant/Distilled water and bled the system following these instructions: http://www.understeer.com/waterpump.shtml I've tried the procedure in the Bentley manual, but it doesn't seem to work too well.

If nothing else, this project was good for just cleaning out that lower intake manifold. I wish I had taken a picture. There was a good 2mm - 3mm thick coating of gunk. After the cleaning, the car seems to rev smoother in the upper RPM range, and it seems to rev more eagerly.

One more recommendation. If you don't buy all-new hose clamps, make sure you oil or grease the threads on the old clamps. I've found the light corrosion the old ones get makes the clamps hard to tighted accurately. The new clamps from the dealer have a coating of oil on them.
CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote