View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #5
brandnew07z

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
I was thinking backwards on the engine harness/body harness...

Since your ti is a manual, no need to worry. If you were doing the trans swap as well, then the car's General body module (ECU) would be looking for a trans and trans DME and throw errors. But you don't need to worry about that, you will just have a extra spot on the harness for a connection to the Trans stuff you won't use.

If you zip-tie the 328i key near the ignition ring, then the 328i EWS will sense the chip in that key and should allow it to start using your original ti key.
OHH thats awesome, great news actually... I was worried about having to buy a 328i computer with manual trans. I'm glad I don't the only thing I'll need is the gauge cluster from a 328i...

Thank you so much for the help, You've answered most of the questions I've had that I couldn't find in the forums.

Do you think there are any specific engine or trans bushings I should buy. I haven't looked to see the condition of them yet. I'm sure I won't be able to see until I pull the motor. But it'd be nice to have anything necessary ordered already?
brandnew07z is offline   Reply With Quote