View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #14
wolferj-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew07z View Post
Awesome man thanks for the info... I've already ordered a water pump. Read some iffy reviews about the metal impeller water pumps. So I just bought a composite replacement one. The donor car doesn't have the radiator fan so I'm going to wire in the electric one.
Wire in the Electric pusher fan on the front of the radiator with a dual temp switch, works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew07z View Post
And thanks wolferj. I'll just swap the struts and springs over to my car. I've seen people who take the front bumper support off both cars and pull the engine out with suspension tied to it. Is that the best way to swap the motor over? It seems like it's more work, especially if you're not swapping all the suspension over?
Dropping the whole front subframe with the suspension attached is more work since you're not doing the suspension. It would be easier to do the engine & trans as a single unit for your swap.
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
wolferj-RIP is offline   Reply With Quote