View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #10
zoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmand View Post
I have no experience with using K&N and no connection to the link below. Just throwing it out there for informational purposes. For the record I use OEM paper filters in mine. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm
That write-up basically corroborates what Dave and I previously said. A K&N filter is going to flow better than a paper filter, period. Any filter is not going to 'add' horsepower, but at high RPM, a restrictive filter may certainly rob horsepower. Servicing a K&N filter takes me about 10 minutes once every 12-18 months or so- hardly an inconvenience in the realm of automobile service. If you're worried about the micron-sized particles that might get through a K&N filter and potentially cause cause varnish/deposits in your intake system over time, then run a can or two of sea foam through it every year. In my own personal experience, I've logged hundreds of thousands of miles on K&N filters and had never had a problem with performance, longevity, or intake deposits. In that same time, I've saved hundreds of dollars and kept dozens of air filters out of landfills.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote