View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318teeeye View Post
What is a fair price for a COMPLETE S52 swap? They told me that not many people are doing the M52 swaps in these cars cause it lowers the value of the car..lol.. To me, that does not make sense! The guy told me that the M52 has like 209hp and the S52 has around 260hp.? I just have a bad feeling from them and I didn't buy anything from them yet! Everytime I call there, they give me different prices!!

I guess this has the M52 motor??
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/2182087530.html
Haha I was just on Baltimore CL pulling up that link for you. Someone posted it on here the other day. Yeah, those guys at Bavarian Auto Recycling don't know sh!t. They sent me the wrong headlight switch twice after I even gave them the part number! First they sent me a 318ti/z3 foglight switch, then they sent me a regular e36 switch that is completely different than the ti's switch, then they sent me a broken 318ti headlight switch. I finally gave up, fixed my old switch and I'll never do business with them ever again.

I wish I could've been on the phone when they told you an M52 would lower the value of your car, LMAO! You're telling me a 2.8L engine with 50 more hp than the stock 1.9L is going to lower the value on a 15 year old $3000 car with a blown engine and 150k+ miles on it??? Idiots. And no, the M52 makes 189hp while the S52 makes around 240. IDK where they get off telling people bs like that. I had the same issue with pricing when I purchased the headlight switch. It almost seems like they just make stuff up as they go
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote