View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 01:57 AM   #3
paul somlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADESTAR View Post
I have a simple blutooth reader and was able to see the throttle position information. Not sure about the idle control valve.
After I posted, I realized that, since there's no feedback from the ICV itself, all I could possibly look at would be the commanded value, which tells me nothing about whether the ICV is working or not. The TPS, of course, the input is your foot, and the output is from the sensor, which is useful data.

I've got this hesitation going at low speeds (less than 45mph). Almost like the throttle cable disconnects, even though I've got my foot steady on the gas. It's inconsistent though - I went for about 3 months, didn't do it. Had the car out of service for a month or so to replace some seals, drove about 60 miles, after 55 miles or so, starts hesitating again. Never at highway speeds, though. Just drove back and forth to Denver this weekend, didn't do it at all. Been going on for at least two years now. Sometimes accompanied by high/erratic idle when stopped (1200 rpm).

I'd buy a bluetooth reader, but I don't know that I'd get any useful data out of it, really. Thanks for the reply Bradestar.
paul somlo is offline   Reply With Quote