View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #12
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318racer View Post
could you offer any advice to make my chances better? Because, this is a car i have raced, and was very close to winning.
Well unlike everyone else I wont say ur gonna lose beacuse like you said u have almost beaten him. So I would agree with the launch idea. I once launched my car and was gone and I was so surprise at how the launch helped me. i dont know exactly how I did it but you need to practice your release off the clutch and ur foot getting on the gas when u first start out in first gear. I wouldnt say shift at 6500rpm either. You need to find the point of no more power gain. Like when you are in first and rev it up you should feel the point at where the car seems to lose power after say 4000 or maybe 5000 for example. urs could be differant. but that is the point at which you need to shift at. Also if you really want to have a good chance, change your diff. It will really help out in the 0-70mph area but not in top speed. good luck on the race and let us know what happens. Also maybe you could get someone to film it. Not the person driving of course.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote