View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 03:40 AM   #13
spidertri

Vehicles

I'll be honest, I have DDM coilovers on my car and have put almost 5000 miles on them since they were installed in January by a shop. I have not been nice to them, roads around College Park are crappy to say the least. That said, I have only had to adjust the preload a couple of times and not much else. Nothing other than the rear perches is wrong with them.

The biggest reason why I would not buy them again is that DDM refused to believe me that the perches didn't fit properly. They wanted me to pay my own money to take the car to a shop to have them take the rears off and take measurements. I asked them if they would reimburse me and they said they would get their own "test" cars in CA. After a few weeks I called them and they said that both cars they tested the rear perches fit perfectly fine.

I then took pictures of how my perches didn't fit and emailed them to DDM. I managed to get someone on the phone and have them admit to me that there is no way the supplied perches would fit my car but that the "factory" had tested them on several cars and they definitely fit those "318tis"

I found some pictures of an E30 trailing arm and the nub on the trailing arm is the exact shape it needs to be for the supplied perches. This makes me think that DDM simply thought E30 rears were identical to the ti and didn't do any fitment testing at all.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote