View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
cnaville210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The cluster does bolt right in. But if you want the mpg gauge to work, you will need to do some wiring. The ti does not have the wire to the cluster for the MPG gauge.
The center console is the same on both cars, stick or auto. My ti was a 96 auto converted to a 5-speed. The M3 tranny bolted right up.
I dropped my M3 engine the same way you did yours. And I installed it complete with the transmission, the front subframe, steering rack, struts etc as a unit from the bottom of the ti. I would HIGHLY recommend as an alternative to a cherry picker and an instillation from the bottom. In fact, the last 5 engines I removed from various BMWs, I did this way.
One more thing. I installed my driveshaft from the M3 into the ti COMPLETE. No mix and match. No mods. The only time you need to mod the driveshaft is if you use the ti tranny which is shorter. The coupe, sedan and ti have the same wheelbase. I used a mid-case E28 rear diff on a M roadster rear subframe.
My local dealer would not touch my car to do the EWS. I am looking at alternatives. Maybe the EWS delete may be my best option. I need to contact AA for details.
Thanks for the info! I'm glad the M3 driveshaft will work as a whole. What is the difference between the Z3 and ti rear subframe?

As for the mpg gauge, I will be eventually running the wires to make it work. I will probably be driving with the stock ti gauge for a while, since I sold the m3 one -_-. It will be entertaining at least to see the motor rev to "10k" rpm.
cnaville210 is offline   Reply With Quote