View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
cnaville210

Pierre:
Wow awesome man, thank you. I wasn't positive on what diff/axle combo to use, nor the drive-shaft, but now I am. I will be trying to find a diff with regular e30 axles if I can. I read that I will be able to keep the outer section of the half-shafts from the ti, so that I can preserve the wheel speed sensors, but I may just end up switching over to the m-roadster sub-frame and hubs just for the bad-ass-ness of it. And so I can use the M3 rear brakes and have slotted rotors on all 4 corners.

Do you by any chance know the purposes of the 3 round plugs by the fuse box? The S52 harness has all three of them, while the ti chassis has only two, and an empty hole where the center one should go. I was thinking it was for the OBC or something? I have the wiring diagrams in the Bentley, so worst case I can look there, but if you know off the top of your head that'd be great.

How hard would it be to wire in the OBC on the ti? Is the chassis harness pre-wired for it? If it's the round center plug then definitely not.

On battery relocation did you modify the tool compartment with the stock battery box, or decide to go with a smaller motorcycle battery in the side pocket? The weather here in TX isn't ever very harsh, so cold starts shouldn't be a problem. I do possess the skill to cut a hole in the floor and re-weld and paint in a nice battery perch though, so that is an entirely feasible option.

Any noticeable unwanted rear brake bias when hitting the brakes during a weight transfer into a turn? I've read that the m rear brakes are too much for the 318ti, but maybe with the M3 fronts, it wouldn't be?

As far as the AC goes, did you have any trouble matching up parts or anything? I plan on pretty much running a complete M3 front end set up, firewall forward, and ditching almost all of the parts off the ti, including the ABS module and brake distributor thing, since the ti's are corroded all over.

Thanks for your time reading this.
cnaville210 is offline   Reply With Quote