View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #25
cnaville210

Well guys, I apolagize for not updating! I have been so busy with everything that I just didn't have time to update the thread! I did finish the car for the most part though. Only thing left to do is an exhaust and figure out what's up with my tune! Here is the write up though, enjoy!

Engine was detached from the trans, and clutch was removed. I found that the old clutch was toast, literally mm's from being into the rivets. The flywheel was pretty well burnt as well.

Took the valve cover off and pulled the oil pan, pointlessly locktited the oil pump nut(Only a problem on S50's), as well as squirted huge amounts of oil all over the timing chain, cams, valves, etc.

Installed the 24Lb/hr injectors on the harness, as well as fixed up all of the shoddy wiring that was on it.

Pre-assembled the intake manifold so I could see how it went back together

Replaced the clutch and flywheel with a single mass chrome-moly flywheel and a hub-sprung kevlar clutch to reduce gear chatter:

I then installed the trans back on the motor, and began assembling the accessories and wiring harness. It all went pretty smoothly. I used an expensive beer's cork to seal the intake boot's hole:

One thing that is almost always neglected with the M50 manifold swap is the dipstick tube mount. Of course of OBDII cars, this causes all sorts of problems, since the dipstick tube needs to be sealed in the oil pan so that the crank case can generate a vacuum for the CCVV. Here is what I did to fix it, simply bent a little piece of sheet metal in an L, and used some left over OEM bolts to bolt her up:

Mounted the engine to the clean subframe, did a last check of all connections, mounted the oil cooler, and the motor was ready for mounting!

I put the S52 out in my drive way, and pulled the ti into the garage to begin surgery.

cnaville210 is offline   Reply With Quote