View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #1
slo318TI

Default OBX turbo manifold questions.

I'm currently in he midst of planning out my M44 turbo Ti build; I've already found a turbo kit on eBay that has decent reviews for $1300
Comes with turbo, OBX manifold eBay BOV & wastegate intercooler & piping as well as some other accessories..

My first question is that they show the OBX manifold with the flange on the bottom making it a low mount turbo, but doing some research I've found I might have to do some frame modifications to make the turbo fit correctly.
Does anyone who has worked with one before know if you can just flip it the other way where the flange is on top to make it a top mount turbo therefore negating the possibility of any frame modification? If not I heard the only other option is either doing full on Fab. custom or a custom M50 turbo manifold..

My other question is for anyone who is familiar with the individual throttle body kit made by RHD. I was planning on running both of these set ups in conjunction with each other but I don't know if the carbon fiber plenum they offer will hold the boost the turbo will be pushing?

I only plan on running 7-9lbs of boost. This will be my daily so I'm not looking for crazy numbers just daily driving reliability with a little more pep as well as some better sounds haha!

Any and all input is welcome!!
slo318TI is offline   Reply With Quote