View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
naustin

OK all you guys who want 225 fit kits:
I just got mine in the mail. I went to the Thule website and just ordered from their site. They use this thing called Shopatron which i think just scans all the vendors of Thule and finds the closes part to you and orders it from them. So anyway i got mine shipped to me from New Hampshire! Works great, rack looks awesome. I guess there's no gaurantees that they can find one obviously, but they found one for me! It was brand new in a very old box.

Like Budget M3 said, the front part if the fit kit is the same as the one from the sedan. The rear part, from my research, seems to be the same as the rear from a Dodge Magnum fit kit (fit kit 2178) and from an 08 accord (fit kit 2193). I'm assuming these are the same parts because they have the same part number on the specific foot (#100 clip). This is all unconfirmed, but i was going to try to piece together the rack from a combination of these, if i could find them used and cheap. Just a little extra info if someone comes across these kids cheap.. i THINK you can use the parts together. I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE so dont buy this and blame me if it doesnt fit. But the number 100 is listed in the instructions for the 225 fit kit and the same number 100 is listed for these other two fit kits. I guess it's possible they are different and 100 doesnt mean the same part that it used to.

Anyway.. what worked for me was ordering from Thule.

FB