View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #13
Speed25

Had a GREAT two days at Sebring! This brake setup was fantastic, and I no longer feel the need to fix the ABS (more likely to just remove it all). We even got some rain yesterday morning, and I was first and ONLY car on track for several laps.

Ultimately, I managed a 2:41.05, which is four seconds FASTER than I've been there in my 135i. Yes, I need more power (or less weight!) to run the straights with all the Porsche GT2s and 3s, McLarens and Ferraris that were there (Hell, even my brothers e46 M3 with supercharger, which I also drove), but I'm not disappointed.

I was able to hammer on the brakes lap after lap; no fade, no overheat, full control.

I DID experience the dreaded e36 fuel starvation issue in Turn 17. The first time, it happened when I got to just over 1/4 tank, but as I got more brave with the car and pushed harder, it would happen as early as 1/2 tank. Anyway, new problem to solve.

Two others that drove my car loved it, too. Gotta love budget speed!