View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #7
purejoy

Thumbs up

Success - managed to take the bolt off. A 6-point wrench was still starting to slip but I got this anti-slip wrench (Jonnesway W301 - see photo in attachment) - which hold the bolt tightly - I highly recommend this tool if anyone is having problems removing any bolt.

Looks like whoever was taking this tensioner apart before - lost the washer and then just tightened the crap out of this bolt to prevent a leak.

Anyway - the old tensioner looked like had very little wear (see photo with old and new in extended position - and a mangled bolt) and was not expecting it would solve my rattle problem. I've put the new tensioner in with a new washer and torqued it to 40 Nm - started the car, it rattled for a while when the part was filling with oil and then the rattle stopped. I drove the car for a couple of days to check it under different conditions - the rattle is gone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6296.jpg Views:	194 Size:	67.7 KB ID:	17884   Click image for larger version Name:	wrench.JPG Views:	165 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	17885  
purejoy is offline   Reply With Quote