View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
mojofilms

Default 318ti M package with blown head gasket

It's a sad day, but my daughter's ti has blown it's head gasket and I am forced to dispose of the carcass. I don't have the time, space or tools for the repair or engine swap right now. I would like to move the whole car rather than part out. it is located in the Seattle, WA area.
It was going to eventually become my car, so I have spent a lot of time and money on replacements and upgrades in the last 500 miles:
new tires
new alternator
new belt tensioner and hardware
new starter
new wheel bearings
fresh valve cover gasket
transmission flush and filter
new air conditioning system ($1300)
new lift gate struts
new outside door handle trim
new driver's door inside handle, door pocket and door card fastener refresh
plastic water diverters under the wiper blades
new cabin filters w/new plastic baffle
new plugs
new air intake rubber boot and hose
new air filter
new HID headlights (not the cheap ones that fail)
Freshly cleaned and polished headlight housings

The car is silver with black leather trimmed/cloth seats. BMW Style 67 16" wheels. It has just under 175,000 miles. There is a small amount of damage to the front trim piece around the kidney grill on the passenger side, and the hood has a small dent just above that as well. All other panels are in good condition, with a few small door dings, etc. No rust that I can find. I have brand new fog lights and a front grill that I ordered before the head gasket incident. The report from the shop is that the 2nd or 3rd cylinder has slighting cupped valves along with the missing gasket. I was not driving the car, so I don't know how hot it got. Some of the suspension components were obviously replaced because the car drove very tight. The steering wheel and the driver's seat have some wear, but most of the interior is still very nice. Everything electrical still works perfectly.
This is an excellent engine swap candidate, whether you have an M44 waiting in the shop, or, as I was considering, transplanting a 6. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	FullSizeRender 5.jpg Views:	640 Size:	106.0 KB ID:	15896   Click image for larger version Name:	FullSizeRender 6.jpg Views:	539 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	15897   Click image for larger version Name:	FullSizeRender 3.jpg Views:	530 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	15899  

Click image for larger version Name:	FullSizeRender 8.jpg Views:	495 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	15900   Click image for larger version Name:	FullSizeRender 9.jpg Views:	555 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	15901  
mojofilms is offline   Reply With Quote