View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
madmatt151

Default My new 318ti you won't all believe...

Hello all, I was a lurker here for a while and wanted to pick up a ti because of gas prices and other factors. I drive a 2006 330i Sport and previously had an 2003 M3, so I love BMWs and wanted something different. Looked around for a ti and wasn't seeing much. For thehell of it I looked on the Cable channel here that sells cars and I saw a 1997 318ti with 24,000 miles for $6000. I thought it was a typo, the mileage, but I called anyway. when I went to see it, I was simply amazed. The car had in fact been garaged for many years due to a divorce battle and wasn't driven much because of the man's new wife not being able to drive stick. It was NOT a typo in fact there were exactly 22,800 miles on the odometer. I did not even haggle I simply said YES! Well I just registered it and am now driving around it in and loving it. I feel like I got the deal of the century and am totally happy. I am looking around to see which model exactly, only reason I am unsure is that I thought I had a base, but I have power windows/mirrors and CD changer and ASC. I don't think I have the second model up, but I am still looking around here and will post my VIN eventually. For now I am off to take some pictures to show you guys, but let me tell you, the car looks in better shape than my 330i. I like this car so much that if after a month or so if there aren't any real problems, which I don't foresee, I may sell the 330i and go through life without a car payment for a while. We will see and I will update this post with pictures later on.
madmatt151 is offline   Reply With Quote