View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Stofferdavis

Default Wiper Blades Stop Randomly!! HELP!!!!

Hey Everyone, This is my first post. I am really hoping someone can help me with this problem. So here it is: My front wipers work fine (usually for a minute or so) and then park randomly somewhere on the windshield. They are then unresponsive until i turn the ignition off and then on again. (the wiper switch [on the steering column]must be in any of the ON positions or they stay frozen). They then park in the correct position and the whole process starts over again. When the wipers are in POSITION 1 (intermittent): They work fine even respond to vehicle speed as the should. They then start moving at a constant low speed (like position 2). This happens whether the car is moving or stopped. After a few seconds of this constant ON, they freeze randomly and become unresponsive until I cycle the ignition OFF/ON. When I push down on the wiper switch to make the wipers wipe once, they move as long as I hold the stick down and freeze anywhere when I release. This happens sometimes and other times they work as they should and wipe once and park where they should. What I've done so far is change the wiper control module (no change) and adjust the micro switch in the wiper motor. All of the fuses are fine. The motor and the linkage work fine connected straight to 12v. No mechanical problems with linkage/spindles/wiper arms. I have taken the motor/linkage out 4 times + I have done some research and found this from BMW: "The wiper module receives a feedback signal from the wiper motor when the wipers are switched on. If this feedback signal is missing for several seconds after the wipers are switched on, the module will switch the motor off. The wiper switch must be moved to the off position before another attempt can be made to turn the wipers on. If this blocking protection has activated several times, the ignition must be cycled before the wipers can be switched on again." -I am assuming my problem is associated with this bit of info. If anyone has any advice PLEASE HELP!!!! -Any schematics or diagrams would help greatly!! p.s. I have a meter, tools, and good mechanical knowledge
Stofferdavis is offline   Reply With Quote