View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
raamaudio

On topic close enough for me

As long as enough droop travel just longer springs are needed to have a stock height.

I would call somebody like Ground Control and see what they recommend, they might have their setup designed to run stock height if wanted. They do come with rear height adjusters and on the fronts the perches can move up but that adds some preload so longer springs may be more desirable, even on the rear.

Rally cars use longer travel as well so this has been sorted out by at least some manfs.

Back in my 510 Datsun days, 10 years of fun, I had a very small budget so my shocks had to work all year but I had longer and softer springs for winter when I ran lots of lights and tires that were for dirt and snow. I just dropped it back down in the spring for autocrosses and street. I had a middle set for really bumpy courses and it was pretty good on gravel roads.

I had a great time playing around with a national champ motocrosser one day on some dual track dirt stuff, jumping and all...he was shocked I could run with him. What may be a different name now, Wooptie Doos, I had to go around or slow way down and of course now bikes have hugely improved suspensions than they did in the 70's.
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote