View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 06:11 AM   #5
Projectvoltron

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
My M52 came from an automatic car and went into my manual 318ti.

The wiring diagrams are all available on the internet but the major difference is that the auto harness does not have a reverse light plug to go into the manual transmission. I was able to find the proper pins and wiring and I added that plug to my wiring harness.

The big transmission control unit connector can be tucked inside the ecu compartment. Then the other auto transmission cables can be wrapped up and zip tied down near the side of the block.

I've been running the getrag behind my M52 since the swap two years ago.
Sorry for the late reply. I bought a full donor car today. A 99 323. So it has the m52b25 in it if my research serves me correct. Do you guys have any opinion on things I should do to it while it's out that I won't be able to accomplish with it in the car? It has a little oil leak but appears to run fine. I picked it up for $300 with a clean title. It's apparently beat up on the outside but the interior isn't too bad. From what I'm told at least. I'm in Houston for the next 4 weeks and won't even be able to see the car I bought until I get back to CO. I had my brother go pick it up for me.
Projectvoltron is offline   Reply With Quote