View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
zoner

It's sellers like that who helped me get a fair amount of money when my '95 ti was totaled last year (there were only a couple for sale in the LA area at the time the ins. co. was estimating value, so they cast a further net and found a few at dealers that were waaay overpriced) but all that tells me is that there is this perception that these cars are rare when infact they really aren't... yet.

Sure, clean, low mileage examples are becoming harder and harder to find, but that would be the case for just about any car that is over 10 years old. The sad part is, someone will eventually come along to that dealer's lot and the dealer will also feed them a bunch of BS about how it's a rare model, yadda yadda, and the person will bite. I see these cars from time to time at LA area dealers that are asking $6500-7500 for the same car you can buy from a private party for $2500-3500 less, and often times they are in better shape because the people that owned them actually knew how to care for them and fix the things that were wrong, unlike many used car dealers. Be patient- the right one will come along for the right price...
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote