View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
TrzTi

Thumbs up New 1999 318ti M-Sport Owner in Washington DC

Hello 318ti World!

Looked for a while for a 318ti, used to have a 1999 323i and recently sold a 1993 325i. Checked a lot on Craigslist but upon visiting them they turned out mediocre and some with serious body damage. Finally found a car at a good price because of high miles, but it's a M-Sport which is a plus!

Really liked this car (brought through this site) the interior was really great and after all of the work put into this car, it just needed was a window regulator or motor. Will have to install that before taking that to the inspection station in DC.

And as I said the interior looks pretty good. The headliner is beginning to go, though.

The paint still shines! Does have clear paint flaking on the hood as seen closely in the picture above. Also have rust bubbles surfacing... suggestions, people?

UNFORTUNATELY, I have to remove the tinted film off the windows. Isn't the first time, though. Vividly remember sadly scrapping off tilt off my 1999 323i in the inspection lot after just getting failed. When done, went through inspection without problems. Scrapping the film off at home this time instead. Although in DC you can run out and get a $99 tint job then scrape it off again for when inspection expires in two years. Repeat.

Priority: Will need to order parts and fix passenger window with some of the DIY's on the web, hopefully all works out! Any other suggestions for what to do with this car, 318ti Fans??

This is my first manual transmission BMW and am really enjoying it!

Jason
1999 BMW 318ti M-Sport
1999 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab 4x4 TRD
TrzTi is offline   Reply With Quote