View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #30
Pantheon

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
I had zero experience prior to tackling the swap. I asked many questions on this forum and Jim's tech manual was indispensable. Bottom line, if I could do it, you can do it too!
I don't think I have the proper resources to do so.. although you guys are seriously pumping my confidence on the project. I'd need a dedicated garage, many tools, a crane to lift the engine, perhaps another car savvy friend or two, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini M3 View Post
i have the original build sheet for the swap which was done for my car 16 years ago. I'd be happy to give you a copy (i live close) so you can start purchasing parts before swap. PM me your number
I might just think about that Still though, I think RRT are going to handle this lil project with care.

What I need this forum's help with is this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/F1-RACING-ST...cc758e&vxp=mtr

Should I go ahead and purchase myself a stage 1 clutch? It's somewhat expensive, and I found stage 3's for a couple hundred more. But they didn't seem 'top notch quality' from this F1 company. Perhaps I'm just ignorant?

Regardless, I saw a few going for a grand, so I'd have to save up a lil extra to add upon the whole swap's price.
Pantheon is offline   Reply With Quote