View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
ryanvxracing

Vehicles
Default Hello from Rotherham, England.

Hello there, ill take this opportunity to introduce myself, im Ryan, im 33 and a third, and im from Rotherham, in the centre of England, in the UK.
I never wanted a Bmw Compact, as my sister bought one new in 1999, 318tds, and she had nothing but problems with it. I was looking for a saloon, but couldnt find the spec I wanted.
Eventually I fell on this....
Its a 2000 model with half leather, aircon and sunroof... BONUS!
it was first registered on my birthday. .. date not year. So had to go for a look....
So... £500 later, ive got a 12yr old 318ti, on a private plate (albeit a crap one), with 100k miles.
My plan was to get some decent wheels and lower it.
I ended up with....
Courtesy of ebay and £240, wrapped in 1 week old rubber thatcost the guy £250. The wheels were suffering from ssevere laquer peel, so I had to spend some time sanding and polishing, but all in all, I was a happy bunny.
At this point the car looked ok, buy slightly more off roader than street cruiser....

Next was a set of ebay special suspension (I cant afford serious money suspension, and its no track car so sod it), I landed these for £150....
So as things currently are, the car stands me at £900, which aint too shabby.
Heres a couple of pics from a month ago...

I was going to enter the last pic into the calender comp, but still not figured out how to do it yet.

Plans for the future? Ive already polybushed front arms, rear subframe bushes need doing, so im contemplating standard or polybush for them, monies tight so have to see when then time comes. More power is on the cards, im watching for an accident damaged 330ci or 328i, so I can swap it all over, but im in no rush for that

I look forward to reading more posts and seeing your cars. Happy driving people!
ryanvxracing is offline   Reply With Quote