View Single Post
Old 06-09-2001, 04:51 AM   #4
Ray Pruitt

Dan,
First, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I've been away for a week or so and am just getting back into the day to day. I don't have any hard numbers yet and haven't really tried to get any as my clutch can't handle the power well enough to make it worth the effort. The numbers would probably be real disappointing with the factory clutch. As for the cost it was $3,475 with shipping. My UUC shifter is the street short shifter. I bought it from Turner Motorsport (turnermotorsport.com). They list all the applications on their web site and do list a shifter for the ti. However, when I ordered it the guy said they are the same for all E36 except for the M3. They say you will need to bend the shift rod when doing the install but I didn't have to. It just misses the guibo no matter what gear I'm in so I didn't go to the trouble of bending it. Just wish I would have seen Ron Stygar's instructions on removing the bitch pin before I done the work. I took me longer to get that pin out than it did to do the rest of the work. I finally had to break it to get it out. Luckily the UUC kit comes with a new pin. Forgot to mention in my last that I also installed the delrin bushings. If you're doing the shifter go ahead and do these too. They're an easy upgrade and take a lot of the side to side slop out of the shifter. OK guys I'm starting to ramble so I'll shut up for now.
Any other Q's just let me know. Peace
Ray Pruitt is offline   Reply With Quote