View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinlaporte View Post
Hi guys.
My cousin has a junkyard bound 91 325 i station wagon. It has electric leather seats. My 96 ti has mechanical seats. Can I swap the seats leaving the mechanical operations in my ti?
Also, I'm seeing in other spots that the "ti is its own breed," but is the window actuator, regulator the same in these two? What else can I snag off this wagon before its hauled off to the junkyard?

By the way...after replacing the left trailing arm, the thing handles like a brand new car, mashing curvy highways at ridiculous speeds! I freakin' love it!!!! It only took a year of work and thousands of dollars but who cares, right?
I don't think anything on that car will fit on the ti. The seats, I don't think will even bolt up since the e30 is a totally different platform. The seats won't tilt forward to allow access to the rear seat. Also, I don't think any US ti's are fitted for power seats ie; no electrical connector. I'm pretty sure it uses a different window regulator. About the only thing I think might work would be the rear axles and differential. And even that wouldn't be worth swapping out unless it has a LSD. Sorry dude. Familiarize yourself with realoem.com and learn how to look up part numbers and do cross references. Trust me, it'll come in really handy later down the road.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote