View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
indiejack

Vehicles
Default 95 318ti m50 project

I haven't come up with an official project name as of yet, but kicking around BM50-Urban Assault Vehicle, we'll see.

My wife and I originally got this car about 5 years ago for next to nothing and its always been hers technically. Well, five years and two kids later I've mainly driven the car and now buying her the Minivan that she wants. With that purchase she agreed that the Ti is finally mine to do with as I please! She's probably going to regret that.

Stock Hero Shot

So, for starters I'm going to remove the underpowered M42* and have a M50TUB25 that will be taking it's place. I'm also going to upgrade the brakes to drilled/slotted rotors and leaning towards ceramic pads (not sure yet on that one, will be researching). I also sourced some 16" Style 5's** from a 7-series parts car for $125, I may need to get some spacers in place but we'll see.

Future plans (in no particular order, well, probably suspension first): Lowering, minor body work and potentially Matte Red Vinyl Wrap, Diff upgrade, Turbo, Interior, Headlights and M-style front bumper.

* runs great, just not powerful enough
** no these are not the coveted 3-piece Style 5's with the staggered offset but they'll work much better for me than the Style 27's on there now

Hopefully this serves as a Re-Introduction for me, I have been a member for a while but sadly not participating as the car was not mine to modify, of course until now.

http://rivalhousegarage.com/rival-forumsig.jpg
indiejack is offline   Reply With Quote