Thread: OK M42 motor parts
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #3
antny

To be honest with you I have no idea. The guy we bought it off of said the motor was replaced back in 2010. The motor sounded and ran strong prior to the headgasket letting loose. The story behind the car is the guy we bought it off had this motor put in and drove it. The guy who installed the motor replaced the water pump but the guy did not want the guy to replace the thermostat. I have no idea why. The car overheated on him and he shut it down and had it towed to a mom and pop shop where it sat for the past year before I bought it. I replaced the thermostat and did a coolant flush along with some other stuff. When I changed the oil there was no coolant in the oil and the oil looked great. I drove the car literally for about 50 miles and then the headgasket blew. Well it was 105 that day and I was running the ac. The fan never engaged causing the overheating. I parked it brought it to the shop the next day and started it up the next day and then the white smoke started. Right then and there is when I started tearing down the motor.

That being said, whats your zip code so I can get a good shipping quote for you. This will be the biggest expense in shipping the shortblock.
antny is offline   Reply With Quote