View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #6
minimike

Vehicles

26 Nov 2013

Following on from my drive shaft snapping and taking half the bolts with it, and discovering a few other problems, Over the weekend I managed to get a good start on sorting it out.
Managed to get the diff out fairly easily other than getting covering in grease and oil

The next challenge was getting the rear beam out to change the worn bushes for the uprated Poly bushes, Me and Rob wrestled with it for a while and it was a complete pain to get out.

I didn't think getting the old bushes out would be too much of a problem, how wrong was I! lol It took two afternoons of hammering, chiselling, setting fire to it just to get one side out! They are well and truly in there. For the other side I decided to take it down the road to a local garage for them to get it out, They simply fired up their oxy settling torch and burnt the hell out of it and then used an impact chisel to get it out (If only I had the tools!)

Once they was finally both out I could get the Poly bushes fitted but of course being a lifestyler I painted the beam with some random paint too

Also painted the bush mounting plates gold

I also replaced the rear anti roll bar bushes for poly ones, didn't go with power flex for these just some cheap eBay ones, although I may buy the power flex ones just for the fact there orange and it will annoy me lol

I then got the old bush out of the diff casing which was a bit of a pain but nothing compared to the rear beam ones!

minimike is offline   Reply With Quote