View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
robbie-z

barische,
you mention your parents saying something about 'unresponsible' and what you're describing defines the word. i agree, it is a lot of fun to drive fast and push your driving skills as well as the envelope of your car's capabilities, BUT you must make sure to do these things in a manner that does not place other people in danger.

take a little time and consider that what you've got in your hands is equal to a loaded gun. in the blink of an eye, you could be dead. someone else driving on the road you're on could be dead. if i'm not mistaken, you've not been driving too long, right? see if your local area has a chapter of the scca and if so, look in to taking some performance driving classes and possibly picking up a racing license if you want to continue driving fast. this will teach you how to drive properly in the manner you're doing. also, if you're going to drive fast, find a road that is rarely used and one step better, drive the road at night so that you've got the other people's headlights to warn you that they're coming.

i'm not trying to tell you what to do, but just take a few seconds to think about the points i've made. there's a time and place for everything.
robbie-z is offline   Reply With Quote