View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 03:22 AM   #3
aa12345

Thanks For the reply,

I have some experience with older domestic US brands, limited Asian, and have turned a wrench on the Mercedes a scant few times. Mostly all experience are alternator/starter swaps, thermostats, belts/hoses, brakes and shocks. The removal of the manifold is a little daunting to me.

The suspension, yeah, it looks like someone ran it up hard onto something. I am going to leave that work to an expert when it comes time. I have a body shop that will weld new stabilizer supports on. The sensors/starter replacement idea, I had read since the manifold will be off anyway to change those out so I wouldn't need to go under there again any time soon. I do have a code for the cam position sensor already, so will definitely replace that one, and will probably replace everything rubber that is fuel related as well.

I do have a great deal of paper on the car since about 2010. it has been regularly serviced, oil changed religiously, and the interior is immaculate.

Thanks again for your reply!

edit: and yes since writing originally, I found that the Filter housing is the source of the oil leak. I have the gasket already and waiting on o-rings

Last edited by aa12345; 02-17-2017 at 03:25 AM.
aa12345 is offline   Reply With Quote