View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
HuGo

Unhappy TI DOWN: Engine Blew!

I said it before, and ill say it again, this year isnt going good for us TI'ers. My engine popped. I was just getting out of work from my second job, i barely got on the highway when KACK, my engine just straight died. Good thing is, i had barely got into the highway so i was able to pull right over. The engine went through 2 over heats, water inside engine, and the engine just finally died out and said thats enough. So im back to driving the V-Tec for about 1-3 months from now till i buy a replacement engine for sure. My plans are, to buy a good replacement engine with 180+ compression test. That way the engine is still in hard strong running shape and i can throw in either stage 3 masc or seam S/C. Anyone that know a good deal of an M44 let me know, im looking to see 180+ compression test on each cyl. As of now, the engine that ran for 10 years died at 96,634 miles.

6-10 months i will have an S/C on my new engine. Im hoping to buy a 97-99 engine. Also, my dad is gonna see how much we can buy a new engine 0 miles with a discount he gets. If its to much, then well just look for a good 500 dollar one in a junk yard with 180+ compression test that still runs strong to put a supercharger into.

To be honest, im not mad, i am sad cuz it sucks but i look at the brighter side, nothing happen to me and i got plenty of cars to choose from to drive. NOPE, i will NOT be getting rid of my car.

Here are some pics i took. My dad will check the engine and see what parts are still good and ill put on for sale.

When you open the hood and look at the engine, it looks like nothing is wrong and like its normal. But what u see in the pic is what happen. So im not sure if its fully fully dead or its dead for now and can be awaken again, but im done, i want a newer engine now.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote